Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to create a large file in Persian, but I cannot see any
> difference in performance when bidi-paragraph-direction is nil or
> 'left-to-right. However, I was able to see a difference using the
> attached file when moving through an artificially created very long line
> in the second heading. In my testing, setting bidi-paragraph-direction
> to nil *improves* the performance.

I tried to get additional feedback from other right-to-left language
users, but no luck
(https://old.reddit.com/r/orgmode/comments/v9nouy/help_org_with_righttoleft_language_defaults/)

The Emacs devs reply was that 'right-to-left global setting is preferred
for such users while nil being preferred setting for other users and it
should not be something Org decides.

Hence, I just applied a patch removing Org setting
bidi-paragraph-direction to main (0cdbc63a0).

Best,
Ihor