Here is what I am able to do :
- write a latex src block with several tikz blocks inside (as described
  in the tex.stackexchange link)
- export in a gif with pdf+imagmagick
- open the gif in emacs and start the animation
- insert the gif into the org file and start animation

But there is a trick for this to work, the default latex header is
"\\documentclass{article} ...", which fails but, replacing it
by "\\documentclass[tikz]{standalone} ..." succeeds.

Regards