Stefan Kangas <ste...@marxist.se> writes:

>> I am wondering if this is meaningful considering that Org is not always
>> distributed together with Emacs. Will this :version tag make any sense
>> for people using the newest Org with older Emacs versions?
>
> I think it won't really, but that's okay.  Also, this is how Org has
> used these tags historically, try grepping for ":version" to see.

I did try. Only ~40% of defcustoms are supplied with :version tags.
Also, ~75% of the tags were introduced long time ago: Emacs 24.
The rest, except the 4 (four in total) Emacs 27 are all Emacs 26.

> IOW, changing this is orthogonal to this patch.

Sure. Just trying to clarify my confusion. The inconsistency with some
defcustoms using :version and some not is bugging me.

Best,
Ihor