Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Emacs has in any case the capability to accept information in various
> ways and then run we could say really arbitrary Emacs lisp, as the
> command line options allow it. How data is sent from external programs
> may be decided, coded, prepared by such programs.
>
> The freedom shall not be forgotten. How I see it, people may think
> that Org Protocol is the only way to add information to Emacs.
>
> Neither it is not the only way to add Org information or notes to Org
> or any other type of the file.

This is implied. Indeed, you can put information into Emacs by many other
means, including keyword input or command line invocation.

Protocol is particularly useful when used via bookmarklets in browsers
or when you want to limit information transfer between browser and Emacs
- protocols are a subject of security policy and users might only allow
the protocol types that are known to process date in a safe way, without
danger of running arbitrary Elisp.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,