Thanks to your suggestion, I was able to narrow down the problem.

My R code blocks work fine in org 9.5. When I plot graph using base graphics in
session, it works fine.  The problem is with lattice graphs. With below header
variables, code block works fine.

#+begin_src R :session *R* :results graphics file :file test.png
library(lattice)
print(histogram(rnorm(10000)))
#+end_src

But this does not work.  Emacs hangs.

#+begin_src R :session *R* :results output graphics file :file test.png
library(lattice)
histogram(rnorm(10000))
#+end_src

I can simply add print command to my code blocks.  Is there an easier solution?

Naresh

Sent from my iPhone