On Monday, 24 Oct 2022 at 09:20, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> I vaguely recall that storing variables in calc is something like
> variable := assignment (which is actually rewrite rule, but that's how
> 13.1 Storing Variables section of the calc manual explains variable
> assignments).

That is true for embedded calc (which I use all the time) but I cannot
seem to get this to work for src blocks:

#+begin_src calc
  a := 300 m
  2 a
#+end_src

#+results:
: 2 a

whereas embedded mode works fine:

a := 300 m

and

2 a => 600 m

I really do not understand how calc src blocks work (I've not looked at
the code, mind you).

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.5-966-g88c85d in Emacs 29.0.50