Hi Ihor,

I figured out the problem.  Seems like date trees expect only list items
between date headlines.
I had been adding headlines between dates, and this seems to confuse the
insertion mechanism.  I now stick to list items and it works perfectly.
Might be a good idea to add something about this to the manual.

Thanks for following up.

Cheers,

Ian

--