Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@gmail.com> writes:

> Tim Cross <theophil...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Confirm.
>>
>> I am able to reproduce this issue with
>
> I might be missing something, but does
> `org-export--parse-option-keyword' even support spaces inside values?
>
>> I also feel the manual page could be improved as it doesn't actually
>> mention setting the html-postamble to a string (that is only mentioned
>> in the variable docstring).
>
> The manual does even mention the "html-postamble" option. Just the
> variable. I am confused. Was it removed at some point? (I do not see any
> commits doing so)

Sorry for late response. Only just noticed this amongst all the items in
my org mailbox.

It was a while ago. I do recall I was able to reproduce the issue, so
there was a bug here. Either it is a code bug or a documentation bug.

My error was in omitting the leading org- for the variable name. Correct
name is org-html-postamble. Apologies.

With regards to the documentation, the section in the manual is

   The default value for ‘org-html-postamble’ is ‘auto’, which makes the
HTML exporter build a postamble from looking up author’s name, email
address, creator’s name, and date.  Set ‘org-html-postamble’ to ‘t’ to
insert the postamble in the format specified in the
‘org-html-postamble-format’ variable.  The HTML exporter does not insert
a postamble if ‘org-html-postamble’ is set to ‘nil’.

Note no mention of string, although the previous paragraph talking about
org-html-preamble does mention string.

and the doc string for the variable is

Non-nil means insert a postamble in HTML export.

When set to ‘auto’, check against the
‘org-export-with-author/email/creator/date’ variables to set the
content of the postamble.  When set to a string, use this string
as the postamble.  When t, insert a string as defined by the
formatting string in ‘org-html-postamble-format’.

When set to a function, apply this function and insert the
returned string.  The function takes the property list of export
options as its only argument.

Setting :html-postamble in publishing projects will take
precedence over this variable.

What probably needs clarifying is

1. mention the string option in the manual

2. If spaces are not allowed in the string, clearly document
that. Currently, the doc string just says that if set to a string, use
that string as the postamble, which I think implies spaces are OK.