Outli <https://github.com/jdtsmith/outli> is a small mode I wrote which very
closely follows org in style and uses the same speed-keys on
comments-as-headlines.  Basically if you know org, outli will be usable “out of
the box”.  It might be good to mention outli in the Worg page
<https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-outside-org.html> on org
capabilities outside of org.

To quote from the README:

> • How does this relate to outline-minor-mode?
>
> outli is mostly a convenient wrapper around functionality that is already
> built-in to outline, adding a few things like narrow-to-subtree and
> insert-heading-respect-content (ala org). And of course the speed-key
> bindings, automatic comments-as-header patterns, and styling.

One speed key I added to outli I really miss in org, so I added it:

(if-let ((pos (cl-position '("Outline Visibility") org-speed-commands :test
#'equal)))
      (cl-pushnew '("h" . outline-hide-sublevels) (nthcdr (1+ pos)
org-speed-commands)))

Basically h=outline-hide-sublevels.  This allows you to quickly collapse the
entire tree to the level [h]ere.  It’s a wonderful, fast compromise between the
ease of Shift-Tab and org’s more targeted folding capabilities.

Thanks for your work on org!