Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> #+begin_src latex :results latex replace :exports results :eval t
> \begin{equation}
> \label{eq:test:2}
>
> \end{equation}
> eqref:eq:test:2
> #+end_src
>

> There is some logic to it, however when I use org-edit-special
> to deal with the reference  reftex-reference does do work, but gives the error
>
> ,----
> | Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "RefTeX works only in buffers visiting
> a file")
> |   signal(error ("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file"))
> |   error("RefTeX works only in buffers visiting a file")
> |   reftex-access-scan-info(nil)
> |   reftex-reference()
> |   funcall-interactively(reftex-reference)
> |   call-interactively(reftex-reference nil nil)
> |   command-execute(reftex-reference)
> |
> `----

This is expected because org-src buffers are not linked to any file.
They also do not provide any access to other latex src blocks in the file.

If you want to use RefTeX, you probably need to have pure LaTeX file. If
you want to use Org, org-ref will work better.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,