Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> 于2023年7月3日周一 19:41写道:

> This already works, even without the patch.

Yes. It means the patch doesn't break current usage.

> > In this case, `graphics' can be removed too.
>
> May you elaborate?
>
> #+begin_src python :results file
> implies that the result of execution is file _contents_.

It is consistent with current behavior, e.g. `:results file' is used
to produce graphics file
https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-python.html

> This is not acceptable. If src blocks worked in the past, they should
> continue working without adjustments in user' setup. We can only break
> backwards-compatibility when there is a strong reason to do so. Adding a
> new feature is not such a reason.

Any src blocks worked in the past still work with this patch, without
any adjustments. The patch only makes the following src block, which
cannot produce `test.png' in the past, can produce `test.png'.

#+begin_src python :file "test.png" :results graphics file
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
plt.plot([1,2,3,4,5])
#+end_src