On Sat, Aug 05, 2023 at 07:29 PM, Bastien Guerry <b...@gnu.org> wrote:

Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:

Akira, may I know if you managed to clear the FSF paperwork?

I've just checked and Akira's is a registered FSF contributor since
last may.

Unfortunately I was informed that I am only allowed to make "small" contributions. I wasn't given any explicit metric of what qualifies as a "small" contribution, but was informed that patches such as this one are okay for me to contribute.

This is due to my university being unwilling to sign the FSF copyright disclaimer without involvement from their legal team (although they did sign a standard letter they have saying the would never claim copyright over emacs, but that disclaimer does not name me personally). I have been informed that this document my university has provided is queued with the FSF legal team for eventual review.

It's been five years since I initially wrote this patch and two years since I started my assignment processes so I haven't really had the time or motivation to get this patch into a merge-able state. I still use this code quite regularly myself so I'll probably get around to working on it again and some point in the future.

Akira