> Any other ideas? I'd be happy to see some brain-storming.

Maybe a #+keyword[options]: that doubles as a dynamic block or
something like that?
#+inline_task[options]: TODO some tiny task
#+inline_task[options]: TODO some small task
DEADLINE: <2023-11-11>
:PROPERTIES:
:SOMETHING: or other
:END:
#+inline_task_end:

Migration path should be straight forward, the exact implementation of
the behavior might need
a bit of work, and I'm not sure that the scheduling line will work in
that context, it is too fart
outside the usual behavior for keywords. However it might be possible
to move the deadline into [options]
the syntax would be a bit different than regular scheduling lines, but
it would at least be consistent
with keyword syntax.

The other question is whether you actually need an #+inline_task_end:
or whether there is another way.

The idea could use a few more iterations.