Bastien Guerry <b...@gnu.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> This will break export and folding.
>> Also, I often simply archive inlinetasks once they are done. The above
>> will archive too much.
>
> I see.  So not only inline tasks are ugly syntactic-wise, but they
> also have a specific behavior when exporting.  All this pleas for an
> external module, not for something we support in Org's core IMHO.

I do not think that it would be possible. In order to support
inlinetasks in agenda/sparse trees/todo setting/tag setting, we need to
modify the internals. I see no way around that.

Too many aspects of Org are designed for one specific heading syntax.
Even modifying inlinetask *****... syntax will likely require adding
more special support where things "magically" work for now because
inlinetasks often look the same as headings.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,