Juan Manuel Macías <maciasch...@posteo.net> writes:

>> Paragraph\\
>> @@latex:[foo]@@
>
> But since in both cases it is literal LaTeX code, the correct thing
> would be for the user to be in charge of adding the curly braces to the
> square brackets. I mean in such scenario it is LaTeX code, not Org.

Not really. Because we do not give guarantees about the details of LaTeX
export, we should try hard to not break things that users may put into
literal export snippets.

> Anyway, in both examples it does not make sense for LaTeX to end a
> paragraph with the \\ macro, which is why we commented in previous
> messages in the thread. The \\ macro is only used in horizontal mode;
> this macro does not add a new paragraph but rather a forced line break
> within the paragraph.

In the example with @@latex:[foo]@@, \\ is not at the end of a paragraph
- it is inside paragraph.

Another alternative could be modifying how inline latex snippet is
exported, but that's worse IMHO - we should try hard not to touch what
users tell Org to do explicitly.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,