On 20.01.2024 13:18, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
gerard.vermeu...@posteo.net writes:

I suspect that you may have some misunderstanding about how
`org-babel-detangle' works. Its docstring says:

   Propagate changes in source file back original to Org file.

So, it is expected to run from the tangled file; not from the Org file.

Yes, I misunderstood this and I see that my patch breaks this.

I think there is a typo in the docstring: "original to" must become "to
original"
so that it ends with "back to original Org file".

How about the attached patch?

I have attached a modification of your patch. I think it is clearer with
the risk of being too verbose, but the docstring width  is < 80.