> Can you give a link to the Reddit thread
> where this was discussed?

It’s here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/orgmode/s/3viPfF78Lr

In a nutshell, I was trying to understand how to have one of the columns in
column mode be the creation date of each headline. I thought that because I
almost always insert a clock entry when I create (using org-capture) a new
item then I already had the required timestamp — the first one in the clock
entry. However, it turns out that timestamp isn’t usable, and so the thread
was me looking for help in figuring out the best way to do it.

—