Protesilaos Stavrou <i...@protesilaos.com> writes:

> Now the tricky part is to figure out which combinations can work this
> way. Headings and source blocks are two obvious ones. Maybe there are
> more, but I cannot think of one right now.

This is relevant to any greater element that can contain markup inside
and where we apply the fontification to both markup and contents:

- headlines
- tables
- descriptive lists
- commented headlines

For headlines and tables, it /feels/ reasonable to apply the container
face first and then prepend the markup faces.
However, for descriptive lists and commented headlines, it is not so
clear. For commented headlines that should fade out compared to ordinary
headlines, prepending markup faces may lead to commented headlines
standing out.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,