> From: Max Nikulin <maniku...@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 16:53:23 +0700
>
> On 26/04/2024 15:17, Protesilaos Stavrou wrote:
>> Since we are now using labels for the HTML export, I think it makes
>> sense to optionally use those for the anchor tags as well.
> [...]
>
>> +(defcustom org-html-footnote-use-label-for-anchor-text nil
>
> Another option may be to rely on the existing one:
> `org-html-prefer-user-labels'

Yes, sure. It is fine to reuse an existing user option. Though reading
through its docstring and the code, I cannot tell what this is doing
exactly. Is it applying to all HTML elements, or just headings?

On my end, I have that option set to nil, but exported headings do use
their CUSTOM_ID.

--
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com