Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:

> Vlastimil Vondra <vlastimil.von...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> after upgrading to 9.6. The output is exactly the same.
>
> It would be great if someone with access to Windows could debug this.

No takers, so I went ahead with installing virtual machine.

Confirmed.

The culprit is the fact that org-babel-eval uses process-file and on
Windows cmdproxy.exe provided by emacs has this weird behaviour with
outputting all the below when piped in script text:

In powershell,

echo 'echo foo' | cmdproxy.exe yields

: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2251]
: (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
:
: c:\Users\johndoe\Org>echo foo
: foo

In contrast, cmdproxy.exe -c 'echo foo' outputs

: foo

This looks like Emacs bug, because the same problem with all that
boilerplate text happens when using shell-command-on-region.

I reported it as

Let's see what Emacs devs say.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,