Hi João, thanks for the patch! I tried to apply it to test, but it fails to
apply to main:

❯ git am 0001-bibtex-mode-Add-formatting-option-to-bibtex-entry-fo.patch
Applying: bibtex-mode: Add formatting option to 'bibtex-entry-format'
error: lisp/textmodes/bibtex.el: does not exist in index
Patch failed at 0001 bibtex-mode: Add formatting option to
'bibtex-entry-format'

I tried to see if maybe this patch is for a different branch but I can't
find bibtex.el anywhere:

❯ git log --all --name-only --oneline -- "**/bibtex.el"
<no output>

Can you clarify this?

Thanks,

Derek

On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 7:22 PM João Pedro Medrado Sena <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to suggest a patch for 'bibtex-mode'. The
> 'bibtex-fill-entry' command always runs 'fill-region-as-paragraph' at
> field texts, but it is inconvenient sometimes. This patch prevents
> this command from being executed using a new formatting option in
> 'bibtex-entry-format'. Although the modifications were simple, it was
> necessary to change several functions due to the 't' option for
> 'bibtex-entry-format'. Since 't' is a way to include all possible
> symbols, the new 'no-fill-fields' symbol had to be added to all
> functions where the 't' option was permitted.
>
> Best regards,
> João Sena
>


-- 
+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Derek Chen-Becker                                             |
| GPG Key available at https://keybase.io/dchenbecker and       |
| https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?search=derek%40chen-becker.org |
| Fngrprnt: EB8A 6480 F0A3 C8EB C1E7  7F42 AFC5 AFEE 96E4 6ACC  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------+

Reply via email to