Eric S Fraga wrote:
...  Therefore, I'm intrigued by your
reference to viper: is it possible to use, constructively and easily,
viper with org-mode?  ...

For me definitely yes. org-mode (which I use for a few months) and viper-mode (which I use for two
years) are both too good for me to abandon one in favor of the other, they are even the two most
important and valuable modes in Emacs for me (beside calc which I also value most but don't need
for "real work"). I find viper-mode comfortable even in "Editable Dired" mode
(C-x C-q when in Dired).

To cut a hidden region to the clipboard like a closed heading or drawer one can
use either C-k or unhide it and cut as a region (`m x C-f p d ' x' in org-mode
and viper-mode). Remember that a region can be moved very easily within the
same file with S-M-up or S-M-down repeatedly.

There is no necessity for me to abandon viper-mode as a whole if some things
don't work with e. g. org-mode. E. g. sometimes when I edit a org table cell
then the viper-mode commands `c e' behaves erroneously like `i'. But here one
can use a workaround like `d e i' and this is not happening outside org tables.
I fear that the viper-mode is still used by too few people so that things like
that are unlikely to be fixed in org-mode.

Beside this, viper-mode for me works with org-mode like with all other modes I
used it before.

- Michael