Hello!

I use ECB-mode when programming, especially for Java.  Although I used
to have ECB activate and deactivate automatically when entering and
leaving programing language modes, I found it annoying.  I now simply
keep ECB active when I'm programming.  As a result, I noticed that
org-mode is supported quite nicely by ECB (or vice versa depending on
your point of view ;-).  Highly complementary, actually, as it allows
me to have an overview visible at all times regardless of the
expansion of the org-mode file.

There is one minor niggle, however: when I use the "method" view in
ECB to jump to a different location in my org-mode files, the location
is not made visible as it is when you jump into an org-mode file via
other means.  I note that the variable org-show-hierarchy-above has a
number of options covered but not ECB.  Is there a more general way of
having org-mode show where I am when I've jumped into the middle of a
collapsed section?

Thanks,
eric