>>  Hello Titi!
>>
>> \section{Fourth}
>> \label{sec-4}
>>

>>  Hello Tete!
>>
>> \hyperref[sec-1]{heading-a}
>> \hyperref[sec-2]{heading-b}
>> \hyperref[sec-3]{heading-c}
>> \hyperref[sec-4]{heading-d}
>>
>> The third and fourth cases are very elegant as they use only aliases (which
>> are dropped from the LaTeX code).
>
> Third and forth are non-existent syntax in Org, these lines are just treated
> as comments and are removed during export.

OK. But the information in these 2 comments is correctly used to replace the
alias (heading-c and heading-d) with the label generated by org during the
export. See the last 2 references in my example: these references are correct.
They thus have been correctly processed from heading-c and heading-d to sec-3
and sec-4... these comments are thus not simply removed... right?

In the case of the :CUSTOM_ID: property, the property is also used to convert
the alias to the label (heading-a to sec-1) but additionally an extra label
(heading-a) is created and not used.

That's why, when creating references to sections I found the #+CUSTOM_ID very
elegant... But apparently I don't have to use such syntax...

I wanted to know the recommended way of doing references...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Francesco