On the upside, Lifehacker is much more mainstream than, say,
Sourceforge.  And to be in the top five is pretty impressive.  (And
lifehacker readers know that the actual polls are a bit of a joke.
They ask for 'the best' X, but it's not as if the voters have actually
tried each of the contenders.).

Anyway,  this is Emacs in a pretty public limelight.  I like it.

Scot