On Jan 12, 2010, at 3:20 PM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Carsten et al.,

with the attached file, if I position the cursor on the 3rd numbered
entry in the first list and hit tab, the following single sentence
paragraph is hidden.  This seems somewhat non-intuitive to me or have
I misunderstood something.  My impression was that indentation was
used to identify continuing elements in a list or paragraph.  Even
adding more blank lines between that 3rd entry and the sentence
doesn't make any difference.

This is not critical by any means!  Just a curious behaviour.

Hi Eric,

Yes, this is a shortcoming of list cycling which I cannot fix. Folding a list item will always fold to the next item and not recognize the end of the item as given by indentation.

If you find it too confusing, turn off `org-cycle-include-plain-lists'.

- Carsten

I am using org 6.34a from git repository as of half an hour ago.

Thanks,
eric

===File ~/s/test/test.org===================================
#+TITLE: test file for org mode

* A headline
 1. a numbered list
 2. the second entry
 3. and another

 hopefully a new paragraph which separates the lists

 1. another numbered list
 2. and the second entry
 3. and the third and last entry

- Carsten