Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik <carsten.domi...@gmail.com> writes:

> I am afraid I don't see any major speed improvements that could make
> this happen.
>
> Yes, one could parse all the files once, build a table in memory and
>get the entries for each day from there - but that comes down to a
>complete rewrite of the parser, maybe even to switching to an internal
>representation model for Org-mode.
>
> I don't see that happening, I am afraid.

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this. The combination of
diary and org-mode works fine for now, so I believe I will stick with
that.

If I use org-mode for appointments, I imagine I could reserve a single
diary.org file for appointments and limit weekly and monthly calendar
custom commands to that file.

Best,
Matt