You don't really need a cron to do the push/pull thing.
What I have in my configs is the following.  You can add org-mobile-pull to
it to if you'd like:

(run-at-time "00:59" 3600 'org-mobile-push)

This runs a push for me every hour.  If I'm not at my mac I still know that
within the hour
I'll have an updated agenda on my iPhone.