Dear Nathaniel,

Nathaniel Flath <flat0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been setting up org-entities-user with a few custom symbols, and
> managed to get a few aliases for items already in org-entities, but i'm a
> bit stuck on adding new items - specifically, the mathbb versions of Z and R
> (the symbols for the sets of integers and reals).  I can't seem to find the
> UTF-8, latin-1, or HTML encodings of these entities - and I'm not sure how
> to input the utf-8 or latin-1 even if I do.  Does anyone know how to do
> this?

there's nothing like a blackboard or double-struck R and Z in latin-1
(and ASCII) so you will need to live with a transcription like `R' or
`REALS' &c.

In unicode these characters are called `double-struck capital r' and
`double-struck capital z' and they have the hex values 211d and 2124
respectively. In Emacs you can enter them with `C-x 8 RET 211d RET' or
`C-x 8 RET double-struck capital r RET'.

The corresponding XML (XHTML) entities are `&reals;' or `&Ropf;' and
`&integers;' or `&Zopf;' respectively. However, at least latest firefox
does not know how to render these and outputs these entities literally so
you might prefer to go for a transcription as well or use a unicode page
encoding with the appropriate unicode characters.

In case you are interested in further blackboard characters, w3c has a
nice page about double-struck entities. Find it at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-entity-names/double-struck.html.

HTH,

Ulf