On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Carsten Dominik
<carsten.domi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2010, at 2:51 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:
>
>> Hi Carsten,
>>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.domi...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> can someone please summarize what the status of this discussion is?
>>>
>>> I have lost track....

I apologize for commenting on this issue again, but I wanted to share
my solution.

First, maybe my use-case is slightly different than everyone else's,
but here it is:

I'm looking for jobs currently, and I want a reminder to Check
Monster.com every two days.

But, I do not want this item to show up in my weekly agenda 3 separate
times.  I tried org-habit, but I do not want the red/green habit graph
showing up in my agenda.  It's just a personal preference.

So, I set up an item like this:

*** TODO Check Monster.com
    SCHEDULED: <2010-06-16 Wed .+2d>
    :PROPERTIES:
    :STYLE:    habit
    :END:

I tried the skip-function mentioned here, and couldn't get it to work,
so I tried org-habit again, and I found that if I set

org-habit-show-habits-only-for-today to not-nil
and if I set
org-habit-graph-column to -1 then it successfully hides the graph.

So, that's my solution, and it's great for only seeing these "habits"
once, and not littering up my agenda with future TODOs with these
habits.
I'm using Org 6.35

Hope this helps,

--Nate