> does not get exported as a timed event.  Obviously, the easy solution
> is to put the time in the date stamp.  However, I like using the
> "insert diary" function in the agenda view for defining appointments
> and this doesn't allow the time to be specified other than in a
> headline.  Would it be possible to enhance the insert diary function
> to prompt for a time (and while we're at it, tags as well)?

hi Eric,
I had a similar request, and we worked out a solution to this a while
ago.  In the agenda, try 'i d', and then type something like
'11:00-11:45 Seminar with Bob', and the code should parse out the
timestamp as long as you have the following variable set to t:

(setq org-agenda-insert-diary-extract-time t)

Stephen