Actually, I can almost figure out how to do this myself if I knew what
function to use to convert a string like

         SCHEDULED: <2010-08-12 Thu 10:20-10:45>

into a duration. If I call org-time-string it only gives me the first part
of the date and ignores the ending point.

Any tips on what org-mode function to use to get the duration of a scheduled
time?