On 9/16/10 Sep 16 -7:11 AM, Dan Davison wrote:
> Robert Goldman <rpgold...@sift.info> writes:
>
>> I was looking for a way to put illustrations in my org-mode files so
>> that I could actually look at them while editing the org stuff.  I found
>> a post a while ago suggesting using iimage mode (which is included with
>> the Aquamacs that I use, and is readily available if you don't have it
>> with your emacs).
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> There's already org-display-inline-images, which iIrc uses overlays
> rather than the text properties used by iimage. Does your route offer
> advantages over this?

Nope.  Just didn't know it was there.  It's not in the manual (if I get
a chance, I'll try to write up a patch, or maybe someone else can); the
only thing I found on inline images was about export to HTML.  So then I
googled, and found the material on iimage only, not o-d-i-i.

Actually, having said that, on Aquamacs, o-d-i-i doesn't seem to work
well.  For reasons I'm too ignorant to explain, o-d-i-i causes the
images to flash repeatedly, instead of simply being displayed....