On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:58:46 +0200, Sébastien Vauban
<wxhgmqzgw...@spammotel.com> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Davison wrote:
> > Sébastien Vauban writes:
> > [...]
> >> Let's imagine I thought (which was the case at some point) I needed to
> >> enclose the parameters between quotes:
> >>
> >> #+srcname: quoted-params
> >> #+begin_src ledger :cmdline "reg unknown" :noweb yes :session
> >> <<data>>
> >> #+end_src
> >>
> >> #+results: quoted-params
> >>
> >> Nothing is returned. In fact, I would expect an error to be thrown [...] I
> >> don't know if this is a common problem (to Org-Babel) or only to the Ledger
> >> part of it, but I think *we* should somehow improve the handling of errors.
> >
> > Babel has a standard mechanism for evaluating shell commands and displaying
> > errors if any. It is the function `org-babel-eval' in ob-eval.el. The
> > problem is that ob-ledger is not using this mechanism. Would you be
> > interested in fixing this? Basically what is required is to re-implement
> > `org-babel-execute:ledger' using `org-babel-eval'. (There are plenty of
> > examples in the other langauges to follow.) Please don't worry if you are
> > too busy though.
>
> I'd be interested to try and fix it. I am busy, yes: I am just recovering 3

[...]

> So, I'd propose to fight for being the first one to fix that... And let's see
> who will win... ;-)

Please do!!  As the original author (basing my code on other babel
codes, mind you), I am happy to lose this fight ;-)  I really don't
know enough babel to make the changes required quickly and I also am
struggling with "free" time at the moment.

--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D