Sébastien Vauban <wxhgmqzgw...@spammotel.com> writes:

[...]
> I don't have in mind full fontification like we now have in Org. No: *just the
> basic yellow background*, so that code blocks are outstanding in any mail,
> exactly *like it is now* but for the "cut here" markers (or "v+/v-").

While we're at it, why not go all the way to full fontification code
block fontification?  Is the current code in org-src portable enough to
be applied to this (or maybe be applied whenever org-struct mode is
enabled)?

> Though, I don't know where to begin... Can some Org/Gnus expert give a
> hint?

This strays out of my narrow areas of expertise, but I hereby throw my
+1 onto the request.