Jeff Horn <jrhorn...@gmail.com> writes:

> If you want to publish a single project, one that dumps all the files
> in the tmp directory, it would publish all files in the source
> directory (definitely not what the OP had in mind, I think). If you
> publish "only this file," it might work.

Yes, there is a "Publish current file" option in the export dispatcher,
though I've never used it myself.  Using this option with the right
combination of :base-directory, :publishing-directory, and
:exclude/:include in org-publish-project-alist might do the trick,
depending on the OP's exact scenario.

Richard