Scott Randby wrote:
On 03/15/2011 12:11 PM, Chris Randle wrote:
On 2011-03-15 03:25, Matt Lundin wrote:
I've been navigating the org-issues file (14000+ lines) and have
found movement within the file to be fairly slow. Sometimes Emacs
will lock up for several seconds.
<snip>
Do others have the same experience? If so, does anyone have any tips
on how to diagnose this further?

<snip>

I have a netbook running an Intel dual-core 1.66GHz and 2GB RAM. I
opened up org-issues.org and navigated through it without difficulty.
There was a delay for about a second when I unfolded the "Development
Tasks" headline, but there were no delays after that. Vertical movement
is instantaneous.

Do those who experience slowness have a line-numbering mode in Emacs
turned on?  (linum-mode perhaps?)