Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hu...@syk.fi> writes:

> Jambunathan K <kjambunat...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Is there a way to print the document tree in indent mode so that the
>>> hidden stars would not show up in the printed version?
>>
>> Don't you think exporting the buffer to say pdf is a better option
>> than printing the buffer directly?
>
> That would be very nice, but I do not know how to do this for a
> hierarchical list so that the result would look like a list. I tried
> org-export-as-pdf, but it gives me an output that is far from a list:
> the result is a complete document, with a table of contents, section
> numbering and each item in the list either as a section or a subsection.

Please post an example org file and the hierarchical list that you want
to export. Also post a png image or a screenshot of what the output
should look like.

I strongly believe there is a way to do what you want without resorting
to postscript printing.

Have you tried exporting to ASCII - C-c C-e a - and print that buffer
instead?