Hi Tassilo,

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <wxhgmqzgw...@spammotel.com> writes:
>
>>> What's going on?  I even have no glue how org/emacs (correctly)
>>> guesses that I'm German.  My locale is en_US.UTF-8...
>>
>> Found in my .emacs:
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>       ;; system locale to use for formatting time values (e.g., timestamps in
>>       ;; Org mode files)
>>       (setq system-time-locale "C")
>>       ;; "en_US.utf8" did not work for the weekday in the agenda!
>> #+end_src
>
> Ok, that does the trick.  It was nil before.

Good to know!

> And
>
>   (setq system-time-locale (getenv "LANG"))
>
> resulting in "en_US.utf8" seems to work as well.  What did not work for
> you in the agenda?

When I wrote (months ago) "did not work", I meant: I got French weekdays in my
agenda ("Lun." for Monday, "Mar.", "Mer.", etc. -- even on 4 characters).

I could retry... but I don't have UTF8 specified in my LANG var. I should do
add it, I guess.

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- I'm on Windows XP, with a win32 binary from FSF.

--
Sebastien Vauban