A bit OT, but related.

---
It would be *awesome* if we could somehow hook into the emacs
paste/(drag-and)drop events and automatically "paste" or "drop" the image
in an org buffer. I don't know if it's possible, but I imagine that if
hooking into those events was somehow possible, then we could get the
"event handle" with information regarding the file, and automatically
insert a link to it, and if iimage is activated, it would then render the
image. It would be freaking awesome, this is the only thing I miss from
Evernote.
---

- Marcelo.