Hi Eric,

Thanks for the background.  It looks like ob-screen may be very limited in
that it doesn't

It seems to me that a decent method would behave similarly to the way to
"M-x compile" works--- another buffer opens in which the compilation
progresses.  Is there any reason why this might not be applicable to the
way babel works?

Erik