Since org already accepts \SomeCommandName, maybe org-mode could provide
some very basic functionality for the user to provide definitions for these
macros for each (desired) output format. For instance, there could be a
list similar to
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (
   ("somecommand" :html 'somecommand-html-export :latex ;
    somecommand-latex-export :buffer 'somecommand-buffer-change)
   ("someothercomand" :html someothercomand-html-export)
   )
#+end_src
The export function definitions should be provided by the user for each
desired export format and any unspecified format should do what org-mode
does right now. The "buffer" format would be a function for changing the
way the command (and its argument) look in the org-buffer.

I'm no lisp programmer and this is probably no the best way to implement
this feature, but I think this flexibility could allow orgers to tweak
org-mode to their needs easily.

--
Darlan