suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+li...@gmail.com> writes:

> The way I went about it was to get an overview of the capabilities from
> Worg and start using only the features I needed (in my case note taking
> and export). As I became more familiar, I delved into other features
> (like agenda, babel) and customisation of the already familiar features
> (e.g. custom export hooks, personalised colour theme etc).

And this is exactly what orgmode.org tells you from the start:

,----[ http://www.orgmode.org ]
| Simplicity
|     At its core, Org mode is a simple outliner for note-taking and list
|     management. You can learn the basics for using it in five minutes.
|     This may be all you need, and Org mode will not impose more complex
|     features on you.
`----

with a link to
     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/orgtutorial_dto.html

There is also the compact guide, which is the first link on the
documentation page:
     http://orgmode.org/guide/index.html

I don't know how hard org is (or is not) for emacs users; I came to
emacs because of org and started from there :). My first post to this
list is from mid 2008 (... that long already?) and it is getting more
and more complex; I could pick up new features along the way.

If you are new to org and/or emacs: Take it easy :). I know it is
tempting to try everything at once, but don't get frustrated while doing
so.

IMHO & FWIW
Memnon