Bastien <b...@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> Eric Schulte <eric.schu...@gmx.com> writes:
>
>> I've just pushed up another version of this commit, which I believe
>> removes cl-labels while still preserving tangling behavior.  If you have
>> a chance please re-check tangling with the latest Org-mode.
>
> `letrec' is not available on Emacs <24.1
>
> Your commit looks like the one I pushed here...
> http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=ba16c3
>
> ... and reverted, thanks to Bernt's report.
>
> Apart from one replacement of org-labels with `let*' in ob.el,
> I don't see how we can get rid of `org-labels' completely.

Oh, my apologies, I just reverted my commit.  I thought letrec was an
old elisp construct.  I'm happy to stick with using org-labels (the code
was much more readable using org-labels).

I'm surprised that elisp doesn't provide any mechanism for local
anonymous functions.  I can't imagine why this would be an intentional
design decision.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte