On 12/29/2012 02:29 PM, Bastien wrote:
Hi Simon,

Simon Thum<simon.t...@gmx.de>  writes:

It's not a burden at all. This recipe breaks for me:

1 ) invoke agenda

2)>  touch some_agenda_file.org

3) invoke agenda again

I am asked: some_agenda_file.org changed on disk; really edit the buffer?
(y, n, r or C-h)

No matter what I answer, the agenda does not show up. Using r, I can get
the agenda in a repeat call.

My argument is that read-only buffers are not supposed to change on emacs'
side, so it would always be OK to re-read them.

I understand and I agree.

There is no simple fix, though.  I'll put this on my "watch list".

Thanks for that. I assumed it would be easier.

I'm using a fair amount of generated org files, and what especially sucks with this behaviour is that _each changed file_ requires one agenda building attempt. So before re-reading 3 org files it is easier to restart emacs.

Cheers,

Simon