Florian Beck <f...@fbeck.net> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaz...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>>      (toc-title (if (plist-get info :toc-title)
>>>                     (org-element-property :toc-title headline)))
>>
>> There's no :toc-title property in the communication channel. The
>> exhaustive list of its properties is written in ox.el, at "The
>> Communication Channel" section.
>
> Obviouly, I defined it, otherwise it wouldn't work.
>
>   :options-alist ((:toc-title "TOC_TITLE" nil nil t) ... )
>
>>> As you can see, the solution is much more convoluted.
>>
>> Because you're not using the proper tool. If you just want to modify the
>> string returned by the `latex' back-end, use a filter. You will have
>> access to the transcoded headline (in LaTeX format, as a string) and the
>> communication channel.
>
> But not to the element properties, which is what I need.
>
>> There are already many ways to alter output from a back-end. It's just
>> a matter of using the right tool.
>
> So, which is it? I'm a bit confused right now.

I now get what you intend to do (or so I think).

I didn't implement this feature in ox-latex.el, mainly because a proper
implementation needs to be done at the ox.el level.

Anyway, we're back to step one: if you want to handle headlines
differently (i.e. by adding your own properties), you need to fork
`latex' back-end, as explained before. If you encounter problems, you
can post back here.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou