Hi

>[...]
> This is the infamous "meaningless ellipses at the top of the buffer" problem.
>
> If you can provide a way to reproduce using emacs -Q, it would really help.

I can reproduce this with "emacs -Q tmp.org". Where tmp.org is one of my
org files where I removed the headers (#+...), so it's just a bunch of
headlines and sublevels, starting with a toplevel headline in the first
line.

I'm running:

C-h C-a

GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.4)
 of 2012-10-10 on build20

org-version 7.8.11

I also have the latest git-version installed, but am not sure how to use
that with -Q?

Let me know if I should try anything else.

Arun