Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaz...@gmail.com> writes:

> I can write a document describing Org syntax, as seen by the parser [...]

That would undoubtedly be useful.

There is a need I often have, and never found the time to fill so far,
for a dependable Python parser for Org syntax.  I thought I could read
the Emacs Lisp code of the parser to get a firm grasp of the syntax
first, but surely, a formal document acting as a reference might be
easier for me to get me started, at least in that it separates what is
official and what is incidental in the syntax.  I got the vague
impression (unsubstantiated right now, I've not been in that area of Org
for a while) that it would help uncoupling Org syntax from some Emacs
intricacies.  I'd need a serious revision to get a firmer opinion.

François

P.S. Another need I think I'll soon have is some machinery for
generating HTML out of dynamic Org snippets, using Python.  I could of
course have Emacs running in background to "serve" a Web application,
but it looks rather awkward to me, and for one specific application of
ours, I really starve for using Org instead of HTML, whenever possible.