Mats Kindahl <mats.kind...@oracle.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I find the PlantUML support very useful to generate diagrams when
> presenting designs, but unfortunately, I quite frequently have to send
> simple descriptions requiring ASCII only. Since PlantUML support
> generation of ASCII-art diagrams, I updated the org babel PlantUML
> support to generate ASCII art in place when no :file parameter is provided.
>
> Patch is attached.
>
> Just my few cents,
> Mats Kindahl

Hi Mats,

Thanks for sharing this patch, I think defaulting to text output when no
:file argument is given is a great idea, and your patch looks good.

Unfortunately, being part of Emacs, Org-mode's contribution rules are
pretty strict.  Would you be willing to go through the Emacs Copyright
attribution process described here [1] so that we may apply this patch?

Thanks,

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html

--