HI Thorsten,

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-n...@mygooglest.com> writes:
>> Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>>> 2.3 Usage
>>> ~~~~~~~~~
>>>
>>>   There are only two commands involved:
>>>
>>>    Command                         Keybinding         Comment
>>>   -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>    M-x outorg-edit-as-org          M-# M-#  or M-# #  outline-prefix M-#
>>>                                    C-c '              outline-prefix C-c
>>>    M-x outorg-copy-edits-and-exit  M-#                ---
>>
>> When I have "message" code blocks, and when I edit them in an indirect buffer
>> (for refilling them, for example), then I have a draft message that stays in
>> my Gnus/Message emails.
>>
>> Any idea how to get rid of that?
>
> its a nice idea to be able to replace the source-blocks by their results
> when composing messages (if I understood your feature request right).

No, this may be a good idea, but not what I was talking about.

I now have the following capture command:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (add-to-list 'org-capture-templates
               `("m" "Mail to task" entry
                 (file+headline ,org-default-notes-file "Tasks")
                 "* TODO %:subject%? (from %:fromname) :mail:
  %:date-timestamp-inactive

#+begin_src message
%i
#+end_src

>From %a"
                 :immediate-finish t) t)
#+end_src

But, sometimes, I want to refill the contents of the captured email.

To do so, I go onto the email message code block, edit it in an indirect
buffer (through C-c '), refill, and quit the indirect buffer (another C-c ').

Though, after having done that, I now have the above email saved as a draft in
Gnus. Not what I was expecting.

So, my question was: how to avoid the email to be saved as a draft?

> Opens a lot of possiblilities for (semi-)automatic email creation.
>
> Here is the doc-string:
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (defun outorg-replace-source-blocks-with-results
>   (&optional arg &rest languages)
>   "Replace source-blocks with their results.
>
> Only source-blocks with ':export results' in their header
> arguments will be mapped.
>
> If LANGUAGES is non-nil, only those source-blocks with a
> language found in the list are mapped.
>
> If LANGUAGES is nil but a prefix-argument ARG is given, only the
> languages read from the mini-buffer (separated by blanks) are mapped.
>
> Otherwise, all languages found in `org-babel-load-languages' are mapped." ...)
> #+end_src
>
> it basically says:
>
> - only blocks with ':export results' will be mapped
>
> - blocks for all languages found in `org-babel-load-languages' will be mapped,
>   except the function ist called (from a program) with a list of language
>   names (as strings) or the user calls the command with prefix arg (e.g. C-u)
>   and enters language names (like this: R emacs-lisp sh org).
>
> let me know if the function does what you wanted.
>
> Do we need a keybinding for that, or should it rather be a bit oscure (only
> accessible by M-x) to avoid confusing accidents?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban